- He formed Russia's first army in 1699.
- He focused on education in mostly Math and Science so his troops would have notion in angles, navigation, and engineering.
- Peter acquired territory in Estonia, Latvia, and Finland.
- He defeated the Swedish army by sending the troops to the city of Poltava
- With his leadership he was able to transform Russia into the Russian Empire.
- He succeeded in gaining the vast lands of the coast of the Baltic Sea.
- Peter introduced the Poll Tax which gave him for funding for an Active Reign Policy and for boosting national manufacturing and trade.
Many were to say that Peter the Great of Russia was a good military and navy leader considering he was the one who got Russia the military and navy. He did more than just that, he improved the economy and got better education. He is remembered by the person who transformed Russia into a modern atmosphere. He wanted Russia to be more like the other European countries. With his significant strategies and his intelligence he managed to get enough done for Russia.